|
|
|
|
Search: 
Latin American Herald Tribune
Venezuela Overview
Venezuelan Embassies & Consulates Around The World
Sites/Blogs about Venezuela
Venezuelan Newspapers
Facts about Venezuela
Venezuela Tourism
Embassies in Caracas

Colombia Overview
Colombian Embassies & Consulates Around the World
Government Links
Embassies in Bogota
Media
Sites/Blogs about Colombia
Educational Institutions

Stocks

Commodities
Crude Oil
US Gasoline Prices
Natural Gas
Gold
Silver
Copper

Euro
UK Pound
Australia Dollar
Canada Dollar
Brazil Real
Mexico Peso
India Rupee

Antigua & Barbuda
Aruba
Barbados
Cayman Islands
Cuba
Curacao
Dominica

Grenada
Haiti
Jamaica
Saint Kitts and Nevis
Saint Lucia
Saint Vincent and the Grenadines

Belize
Costa Rica
El Salvador
Honduras
Nicaragua
Panama

Bahamas
Bermuda
Mexico

Argentina
Brazil
Chile
Guyana
Paraguay
Peru
Uruguay

What's New at LAHT?
Follow Us On Facebook
Follow Us On Twitter
Most Viewed on the Web
Popular on Twitter
Receive Our Daily Headlines


  HOME | Brazil (Click here for more)

Brazilian Court Revokes Injunction against Embraer-Boeing Tie-Up

RIO DE JANEIRO – A federal appellate court in Brazil revoked on Monday an injunction granted last week that blocked any imminent agreement for the negotiated tie-up between Brazilian aircraft maker Embraer and US-based Boeing.

The measure was revoked by an appeals panel in Sao Paulo, Embraer said in a statement to its stockholders.

The firm said that it would keep its stockholders and the market in general informed of any developments linked to the legal process.

The injunction on Boeing’s takeover of Embraer’s commercial airplane and services businesses had been granted by Judge Victorio Giuzio Nego at the request of four lawmakers from the leftist Workers Party (PT).

The magistrate who revoked the measure, Luiz Alberto de Souza Ribeiro, said in his ruling that “the suspension of the negotiations is causing serious harm and could, in fact, frustrate the negotiations.”

Embraer, the world leader in passenger aircraft for regional flights, and Boeing announced in July a preliminary agreement to create a third firm in the commercial aviation sector that would be valued at $4.75 billion.

According to what has been agreed to up to now, Boeing will have an 80 percent ownership stake in the new firm after making a payment of $3 billion to the Brazilian company, which will own the remaining 20 percent.

The negotiations were launched in December 2017 amid great secrecy and with Brazilian government participation, since it holds a golden share that it retained when Embraer was privatized in 1994.

Brazil’s incoming president, right-winger Jair Bolsonaro, has already said he is favorably inclined towards the deal.

 

Enter your email address to subscribe to free headlines (and great cartoons so every email has a happy ending!) from the Latin American Herald Tribune:

 

Copyright Latin American Herald Tribune - 2005-2019 © All rights reserved