LONDON – Spanish tennis player Garbiñe Muguruza led the Women’s Tennis Association rankings released on Monday, while Czech Republic’s Karolina Pliskova dropped three positions to fourth place.
Simona Halep of Romania came in second, followed by Ukraine’s Elina Svitolina.
United States Venus Williams jumped four places to occupy the fifth position, ahead of six-placed Caroline Wozniacki of Denmark.
Slovakia’s Dominika Cibulkova climbed to ninth spot, while Latvia’s Jelena Ostapenko grabbed the 10th position.
The current WTA top-10 rankings and point scores are as follows:
- Garbiñe Muguruza (Spain) 6,030 points
- Simona Halep (Romania) 5,965
- Elina Svitolina (Ukraine) 5,640
- Karolina Pliskova (Czech Republic) 5,520
- Venus Williams (United States) 4,756
- Caroline Wozniacki (Denmark) 4,640
- Johanna Konta (Britain) 4,520
- Svetlana Kuznetsova (Russia) 4,410
- Dominika Cibulkova (Slovakia) 3,770
- Jelena Ostapenko (Latvia) 3,502