Venezuela's Mesa de Unidad (MUD) Opposition coalition spoke out Sunday in a statement in which it set its sights on the decisions of President Donald Trump's government over Venezuela.
Following is the MUD statement:
1. Sanctions for violators of human rights and looting of public resources will always have our support, in the absence of impartial justice in Venezuela.
2. We will also support and solicit all the world's diplomatic support that contributes to the constitutional and democratic restoration in Venezuela.
3. We urge the entire international community to warn all citizens and companies in their respective countries that they should refrain from carrying out financial transactions or contracts of national interest with the Venezuelan government that are in violation of the National Constitution because they have not been approved by the only Constitutional body to authorize them as the National Assembly.
4. The crisis experienced by the people of Venezuela is the exclusive and exclusive responsibility of the government of Nicolás Maduro. He is responsible for the policy that ended the industrial base of the country and the quality of life of the Venezuelan family. The people of Venezuela will not allow them to shield themselves in any international sanction to avoid their responsibility for having led the country to the current disaster.
5. Patriotism is not rhetorical. The defense of the homeland is the defense of the popular sovereignty, the quality of life of the Venezuelan, and the full validity of the Constitution. All violated by the most unpatriotic government we have had in the history of Venezuela, and exclusively responsible for having generated an international isolation unparalleled in the hemisphere.