LONDON – Romania’s Simona Halep continued to lead the Women’s Tennis Association rankings released on Monday with 8,140 points, followed by Denmark’s Caroline Wozniacki.
There were no changes in this week’s top 10, as Spaniard Garbiñe Muguruza came in third, ahead of fourth-placed Elina Svitolina of Ukraine and fifth-placed Jelena Ostapenko of Latvia.
Further down the rankings, Slovakia’s Anna Karolina Schmiedlova rocketed 48 places up to the 84th spot after she won the Claro Open 6-2, 6-4 over Spain’s Lara Arruabarrena on Sunday in Bogota, Colombia.
The current WTA top 10 rankings and point scores are as follows:
- Simona Halep (Romania) 8,140
- Caroline Wozniacki (Denmark) 6,790
- Garbiñe Muguruza (Spain) 6,065
- Elina Svitolina (Ukraine) 5,630
- Jelena Ostapenko (Latvia) 5,307
- Karolina Pliskova (Czech Republic) 4,730
- Caroline Garcia (France) 4,615
- Venus Williams (USA) 4,276
- Sloane Stephens (USA) 3,938
- Petra Kvitova (Czech Republic) 3,271